top of page

Using your last paycheck as an Estimate? What is Form 4852?

Form 4852 serves as a substitute for Forms W-2, W-2c, and 1099-R and is completed by you or your representatives when (a) your employer or payer doesn't issue you a Form W-2 or Form 1099-R or (b) an employer or payer has issued an incorrect Form W-2 or Form 1099-R.

Attach this form to the back of your income tax return, before any supporting forms or schedules.

You should always attempt to get your Form W-2, Form W-2c, or Form 1099-R from your employer or payer before contacting the IRS or filing Form 4852. If you do not receive the missing or corrected form from your employer or payer by the end of February, you may call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 for assistance.

You must provide your name, address (including ZIP code), phone number, social security number, and dates of employment.

You must also provide your employer's or payer's name, address (including ZIP code), and phone number.

The IRS will contact your employer or payer and request the missing form.

The IRS will also send you a Form 4852. If you don't receive the missing form in sufficient time to file your income tax return timely, you may use the Form 4852 that the IRS sent you

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
bottom of page